Three San Antonio restaurants failed their recent inspection by Metro Health.
El Tequila Mexican Restaurant located at 7628 Marbach Road received 47 demerits and shut down for a day and a half for gross unsanitary conditions. Their violations included:
- What the inspector called a "grease trap/sewage failure."
- Employees eating in the kitchen.
- Food temperature violations.
An employee tells KSAT Behind the Kitchen Doot they re-opened after having the grease trap serviced. Metro Health confirmed all corrections have now been made.
El Rodeo de Jalisco located at 8754 Grissom Road failed their inspection with 43 demerits. Their violations included:
- Raw eggs at an unsafe temperature.
- No soap at sinks.
- They needed to remove dirty cardboard from the coolers.
- The coolers themselves needed to cleaned.
The owner tells KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door their violations were little things, but a lot. He says they've fixed it all and the inspector was back Monday to take another look.
Nuevo Leon Bakery located at 1106 S. New Braunfels failed their most recent inspection with 41 demerits. Their violations included:
- The inspector didn't see any cooks wash their hands.
- The floors, walls and ceiling needed to be cleaned.
- The inspector reported insects were present in the establishment.
KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door talked to the manager and she refused to acknowledge the failing score.
She says she has questions about the inspection and has asked Metro Health to take a second look.
She even disputed the insect violation and said they were outside and not inside the establishment.
Here are four San Antonio restaurants that received no demerits on their latest health inspection:
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries on Highway 151.
- Subway on Rittiman Road.
- Tip Top Cafe on Fredericksburg Road.
- Zedric's: Fresh Gourmet to Go on Interstate 10 at Wurzbach.