Two local restaurants, Camaron Pelado Seafood Grille and Angelica's Restaurant, failed their recent inspection from Metro Health for several violations.
KSAT's Behind the Kitchen Door discovered Camaron Pelado on West Commerce had its license suspended for some of the following demerits:
- Roach infestation.
- Gross unsanitary conditions.
- Sewage backup.
Camaron Pelado was closed for a week, but reopened after it got clearance from the health department and replaced some equipment.
Camaron Pelado has more corrections to make and will have another inspection done this week.
KSAT"s Behind the Kitchen Door discovered Angelica's Restaurant on North New Braunfels got 42 demerits from Metro Health after some of the following violations.
- Food not kept at proper temperatures.
- Knives and other food contact equipment not clean.
- The need for insect and rodent control.
The manager of Angelica's Restaurant did not want to talk on camera with KSAT's Behind the Kitchen Door, but said all those issues have been addressed.
The following restaurants received no demerits from Metro Health during their last inspection:
- La Tuna at 100 Probandt Street.
- Roaring Fork Restaurant at 1806 North Loop 1604 West.
- The Guenther House at 205 East Guenther.
- The original Blanco Cafe at 419 N. St. Mary's.
More KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door scores can be found by clicking on this link.