KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door: Golden Gate Express, Taqueria El Rodeo de Jalisco fail health inspection
San Antonio Metro Health: Violations at Golden Gate Express, Taqueria El Rodeo de Jalisco include pest control, plumbing problems
A North Side Mexican restaurant with plumbing and storage problems and a West Side Chinese eatery in need of pest control and cleaning failed their recent inspections by San Antonio Metro Health.
Golden Gate Express at 1840 South General McMullen failed with 42 demerits. The restaurant's violations included:
- Ants in the sugar and in the kitchen. Metro Health ordered pest control.
- The ice machine was being used for cold storage.
- The coolers were dirty from old food spillage.
KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door reached the manager of Golden Gate Express who said they have corrected their problems and will be reinspected soon.
Taqueria El Rodeo de Jalisco at 3721 Colony Drive failed its inspection with 36 demerits. The taqueria's violations included:
- Foods stored in containers were not properly covered.
- Employees were not washing hands properly, and the hand sink had no soap.
- The restaurant had plumbing problems, including a gray water line that was leaking onto the floor.
Metro Health told management to hire a plumber and returned a week later to check on the restaurant and said they are now good to go.
Metro Health gave perfect scores to the following restaurants:
- BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse at 5447 West Loop 1604.
- Mi Pueblito at 3815 Blanco Road.
- Fred's Fish Fry at 6323 Old Pearsall Road.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.