KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door: Rocky's Taco House, Taco Palenque fail health inspection
San Antonio Metro Health cites Rocky's for grease buildup, Taco Palenque for expired food
KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door reports a pair of taco restaurants failed their recent inspection by San Antonio Metro Health.
Rocky's Taco House located at 1302 Cupples Road failed with 32 demerits. Their violations included:
- A condiment cooler not working.
- Food debris found on shelves.
- Heavy grease build up on the stove-top and grill.
Metro Health said the restaurant had to do some serious cleaning and Rocky's manager says they have.
Taco Palenque at 1002 Northeast Loop 410 was also told to clean up after getting 32 demerits. Their violations included:
- Expired food.
- Dirty food contact surfaces.
- Toxic cleaners stored near the food area.
Taco Palenque tells KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door all the problems have been corrected. The restaurant added they've always passed their inspections in the past.
Three local restaurants received zero demerits in their latest inspection. They are:
- Kirby Steakhouse at 123 North Loop 1604.
- Big Apple Bagels at 8434 Fredericksburg Road.
- Tokyo Steakhouse at 9405 San Pedro Avenue.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.