KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door: Taqueria Los Dos Laredos, Pik Nik Foods fail inspection
San Antonio Metro Health: Violations include raw meats not protected; Raw chorizo improperly stored
Taqueria Los Dos Laredos on the East Side failed its second inspection in a matter of months and a West Side Pik Nik Foods also received a failing score from San Antonio Metro Health inspectors.
Taqueria Los Dos Laredos located at 1303 S. Hackberry Street had 40 demerits in May.
A repeat inspection earlier this month put Taqueria Los Dos Laredos on the fail list again with 33 demerits.
- San Antonio Metro Health noted that employees were not double washing hands when handling food with their bare hands.
- Raw meats, fish, and poultry were not protected from cross contamination and there was mold inside of the ice machine.
The Pik Nik Foods located at 919 Guadalupe Street on the West Side failed its inspection with 34 demerits. Violations included:
- No soap at the hand sink in the kitchen.
- Raw chorizo was improperly stored near ready to eat food.
- Food items in walk in cooler were not being cooled properly.
San Antonio Metro Health inspectors didn't find any violations at the following restaurants during their most recent inspections:
- Tommy's Restaurant on Wurzbach.
- El Taco Tote on Interstate 10.
- Ming Garden Express on Frontier Drive.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.