KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door: Taqueria Mi Durango, India Chaat House, Pho Ha Long fail inspection
Pho Ha Long owner thinks inspector was having bad day
Three San Antonio restaurants failed their recent inspections by Metro Health.
Taqueria Mi Durango at 13550 O'Connor Road failed with 35 demerits. Their violations included:
- Leftovers at an unsafe temperature.
- They needed to do some major cleaning.
Several items were corrected before the inspector left.
India Chaat House at 9903 Fredericksburg Road failed their very first inspection with 34 demerits. Their violations included:
- No hand washing was observed.
- The inspector saw both adult and baby roaches in the kitchen.
The manager says they're new and didn't know how things were supposed to be. The manager added pest control is coming every ten days till the problem is solved.
Vietnamese restaurant Pho Ha Long at 6424 N.W. Loop 410 received a poor score of 34 demerits.
- They were told to clean the entire restaurant and get their hot water heater fixed or they would be shut down.
KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door spoke with an employee who said the inspector came back last week and they are still open with hot water.
The owner called KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door and said he thinks the inspector was having a bad day and was too tough on his restaurant. However, he says he's made the required repairs.
Four restaurants received perfect scores on their latest health inspections. They are:
- Arrendondo's Seafood Cafe on West Southcross.
- Domino's Pizza on Walzem Road.
- El Pollo Loco on Babcock.
- Nordstrom Cafe at The Shops at La Cantera.
For a list of recent stories Mark Austin has done, click here.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.