Three San Antonio restaurants: Wok This Way, Horno Mision San Jose Bakery and Orient Express were just handed failing scores by San Antonio Metro Health.
Wok This Way on Loop 410 near Starcrest failed inspection with 36 demerits. Violations included:
- Over 50 pounds of food was condemned due to temperature violations.
- Chicken was thawing at room temperature and the inspector found moths and flies in a storage area.
The owner of Wok This Way contacted KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door and said they passed with zero demerits after a second inspection.
Horno Mision San Jose Bakery on South Flores Street failed with 35 demerits. KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door visited the eatery in January after it failed with 33 demerits. Violations this time around included:
- A tray of moldy food product was found in the cooler.
- Their microwave was dirty and the eatery was still using garbage bags for food storage ten months after they were told to stop.
The manager was not in when KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door called for a comment.
Orient Express on Walzem Road just received 32 demerits. Their violations included:
- They had food temperature violations.
- Moldy black beans and noodles were thrown out.
- The staff was told to clean storage containers when dead bugs are found inside.
The owner of Orient Express notified KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door their broken cooler is fixed and they received the all-clear from a health inspector on Tuesday.
The following restaurants received no demerits in their latest inspection from Metro Health:
- Margie's Bar & Grill on South Flores.
- Naples Pizza on Northwest Military.
- Tommy's Cafe on East Cesar Chavez.
- Whataburger on Roosevelt.