SAN ANTONIO -

San Antonio firefighters say a cigarette is to blame for a small fire and evacuation at a Northwest Side apartment complex in the 1700 block of Jackson Keller early Monday morning.

Fire crews were called to the Lincoln Village apartments around 4 a.m. and arrived to heavy smoke coming out of a building.

Crews extinguished the fire and discovered a cigarette that ignited on the siding of the building.

Residents were allowed back into their apartments a short time later. Damage estimates were unknown.