Local church, VFW Post fail health inspection
Victory Fellowship, VFW Post #837 get failing scores
KSAT's Behind the Kitchen Door rarely sees poor scores at non-restaurant businesses, but a West Side church and a Southeast Side VFW Post just failed their health inspections with a combined 76 demerits.
Victory Fellowship on Southwest 38th Street was recently given 40 demerits. Their violations included:
- The inspector had to condemn 80 boxes of bananas and a variety of other foods.
- Their walk-in cooler was at an unsafe 68 degrees.
- Donated pans of food had no use-by date labels.
- The hand washing sink's hot water was not hot enough.
- The inspector found dead roaches and dead flies throughout the establishment.
Behind the Kitchen Door left a message for the manager and have not heard back from anyone yet.
Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #837 is located near Southcross and WW White. They failed their latest inspection with 36 demerits. Their violations included:
- Someone left a grill scraping brick and tools in the hand washing sink.
- The inspector observed roaches in all locations.
- The ice machine was draining onto the floor and not into a drain.
- Pots, pans, cutting boards and utensils were stored on unclean and soiled surfaces or directly on the floor.
Behind the Kitchen Door called VFW Post #837 four times and no one answered.
The following establishments just received perfect scores from Metro Health inspectors.
- Burbank High School on Edwards Street.
- Buffalo Wild Wings on DeZavala.
- Mi Tequila Jalisco Mexican Restaurant on Old Pearsall Road.
- New Asia Chinese Restaurant on Bandera.
- San Antonio Academy on East French Place.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.