FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Officials say a man critically burned after lighting a cigarette in a North Texas house that filled with gas as it was being heated with a kitchen stove has died.
The Fort Worth Star-Telegram (http://bit.ly/1he3JWc ) reports 57-year-old Edward Able, who had second- and third-degree burns, died Wednesday at a Dallas hospital. He was injured in the fire Sunday night at a home in Sansom Park, located just northwest of Fort Worth.
Police Chief Randy Driver has said the home was being heated with a kitchen stove. He has it said appears that when the flame went out, the gas went up through a vent that didn't go outside but went into the attic.
Driver has said Able was burned when he lit a cigarette that ignited the fumes.
Information from: Fort Worth Star-Telegram, http://www.star-telegram.com