A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in his room at the Ranch Motel on Broadway Avenue north of downtown Thursday morning.
San Antonio firefighters were called to the Ranch Motel after 5 a.m. Firefighters said the fire started in a chair inside a ground floor room, and sent smoke throughout the area.
San Antonio firefighters said they were not sure of the exact cause. An arson team had been called in to investigate.
Firefighters said the room that burned did not have a smoke detector. A manager on-site said all of the rooms are equipped with smoke detectors and he wasn’t sure why that unit did not have one.