Night club evacuated after overnight fire

Investigators say electrical strip sparks blaze at Midnight Rodeo

Published On: Nov 17 2012 09:49:17 AM CST   Updated On: Nov 17 2012 10:07:37 AM CST
Midnight Rodeo Fire

Tense moments early Saturday morning after an electrical fire forced an evacuation at a night club.

It happened around 12:30 the Midnight Rodeo in the 12000 block of Nacogdoches Road.

Investigators say an electrical strip sparked the blaze.  The fire quickly spread to boxes in the storage room.

The sprinklers came on and put out the flames.

The water damage to the business is estimated at $20,000.