Officials: Water heater causes fire at Chinese restaurant
Damage at Hunan Chinese Restaurant will cost about $15,000, officials say
Fire officials said a hot water heater is to blame for a natural gas fire at a Chinese restaurant on the city's northwest side.
The fire broke out at about 4:18 p.m. Sunday afternoon at the Hunan Chinese Restaurant in the 7900 block of Fredericksburg Road.
When firefighters got to the scene, the cook there told them that he heard the hot water heater pop and that's when they saw the fire, officials said.
Crews said they immediately evacuated the restaurant and the surrounding businesses, but they also had to cut the gas off before they could put out the fire, which was located in the restaurant's mechanical room.
Fire officials said this natural gas fire caused about $15,000 worth of damage.
Nobody was hurt in the fire and the surrounding businesses opened back up later that Sunday.
For a list of recent stories Stephanie Serna has done, click here.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.