Rodent droppings in flour and over 100 pounds of food is condemned at a Mexican restaurant. Plus several more violations were discovered at a local meat market.
Culebra Meat Market #15 on Guadalupe Street failed their latest inspection with 49 demerits. Their violations included:
- Cooked pork at an unsafe temperature.
- Raw meats being stored above or next to ready-to-eat food.
- An employee grabbed boxes off the floor, then handle food for customers without washing up.
- An employee had personal food and drink sitting on a table between open pots of salsa.
KSAT's Behind the Kitchen Door called Culebra Meat Market to ask questions and no one would take our call.
El Molino Restaurant on Interstate 35 near Hackberry Street had a long list of major violations that led to 49 demerits. Their violations included:
- Rodent droppings were found in some flour and on a food preparation surface.
- Pans of food in the fridge were placed inside one another so that the bottom of one pan touched food in the pan below.
- Over 100 pounds of food was condemned by the inspector due to the lack of hot water during preparation or unsafe food temperatures.
The restaurant's license was suspended due to operation with no hot water. They corrected the violation before the inspector left, but were charged a fee to have their license re-instated.
Five San Antonio restaurants just earned perfect scores from Metro Health.
- Kentucky Fried Chicken on Southwest Military.
- Olgita's Molino on I-35 near Hackberry.
- Perry's Steakhouse at The Shops at La Cantera.
- Sonic drive-in on Goliad.
- Whataburger on Southeast Military.