San Antonio firefighters save woman from apartment fire
SAFD: Fire may have started after woman fell asleep with food on stove
San Antonio firefighters saved a woman from an apartment fire on the North Side that was believed to have started because the woman fell asleep with food on the stove.
Fire crews were called to the apartment complex in the 1600 block of West Lawndale around 11 p.m. Monday, and noticed heavy smoke upon arrival.
Firefighters said they had to break into the apartment through a window to help the woman out.
Fire crews quickly put out the flames, which were contained to the kitchen area of the apartment.
The woman was treated for smoke inhalation and expected to be OK. Damage estimates were not released.
For a list of recent stories Jenna Hiller has done, click here.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.