Smoke fills school cafeteria after freezer breaks
Smoke fills Howsman Elementary in northwest San Antonio
A freezer broke at a Northwest Side school and filled part of the building with smoke Wednesday night.
San Antonio firefighters were called to Howsman Elementary in the 11000 block of Vance Jackson around 8 p.m.
Firefighters say a belt broke on the freezer unit in the school's cafeteria and began to cause smoke.
The fire alarm did not sound, but custodian saw the smoke and called 911.
Officials do not believe the food inside the freezer was damaged, but a health inspector was sent to examine it.
Copyright 2013 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.