Smoke forces North Side hotel evacuation
Elevator motor overheated at Embassy Suites, no injuries were reported
Smoke forced the evacuation of dozens of guests at a North Side hotel late Sunday night.
The smoke was reported around 10:30 p.m. at the Embassy Suites at Highway 281 and Jones Maltsberger Road.
San Antonio firefighters said an elevator motor overheated and caused smoke to spread through the building.
As many as 200 staff and guests were evacuated, but were allowed to return 10 minutes later, fire officials said.
No injuries were reported and fire officials said no one was on the elevator when the motor overheated.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.