Spurs open season back-to-back against NO, OKC
Spurs announce 2012-2013 regular season schedule
The San Antonio Spurs have announced their schedule for the 2012-13 regular season.
The franchise's 40th season of professional basketball includes a Halloween night road opener, 17 sets of back-to-back games and nine games in the annual Rodeo Road Trip. Here are some other highlights:
- The Spurs open the season at New Orleans on Oct. 31 as Tim Duncan will goes up against NBA Draft first pick Anthony Davis.
- San Antonio opens the home slate against Oklahoma City the next evening on Nov. 1 in a rematch of last year's Western Conference Finals.
- The Spurs travel to LA for the first time to face Steve Nash, Kobe and Bynum on Nov. 13.
- San Antonio heads to Miami to take on the defending champs on Nov. 29.
- The Spurs get a taste of Linsanity Texas style when they play Houston at home on Dec. 7, then the Mavs come into town for the first time on Dec. 23.
- The Lakers make their first visit to SA on Jan. 9.
- The Rodeo Road Trip starts at Minnesota on Feb. 6 and wraps up Feb. 24 against the Suns.
- The defending champions Heat make their only visit to SA on March 31.
- The Spurs travel to Oklahoma City on April 4 for their fourth and final meeting of the season.
Click here for a link to the full schedule.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.