Metro Health handed out failing inspection scores to two area eateries for several violations.
Twin Restaurant, which used to be called Thai Siam, on West Military Drive failed their latest health inspection with 42 demerits that included:
- Food on the buffet not hot or cold enough.
- Moldy fruit and nuts were found in a cooler.
- No hot water and they needed to clean inside their microwave and coolers.
The owner says they just took over Twin Restaurant in early April and they are new to the restaurant business. She tells KSAT's Behind the Kitchen Door the inspector came back this week and found only three demerits.
Taqueria Mexico on Somerset Road failed their most recent inspection with 34 demerits.
- The inspector found big bins of leftover carna guisada and lengua that hadn't been cooled properly.
- Most of the refrigerators weren't cold enough.
- They needed to do some cleaning.
- The score on their posted inspection report was hidden.
KSAT reached the manager by phone, but he refused to answer questions in details. He said he would tell customers "everything is under control."
Metro Health just handed perfect inspection scores to the following eateries:
- Cinnabon in Rivercenter Mall.
- India Taj Palace on Huebner Road.
- Souper Salad on Northwest Loop 410.
- Subway on Nogalitos.