VIA considers raising regular, monthly fares
VIA regular bus service could increase 10 cents, monthly pass $5
VIA Metropolitan Transit is considering raising basic and monthly fares.
VIA officials will hold a public meeting for citizens to discuss the proposed fare adjustments on Monday, Dec. 10 at 6 p.m. in the VIA Metro Center at 1021 San Pedro Avenue.
According to the VIA website, the proposed changes are:
- Regular bus service – from $1.10 to $1.20
- Regular bus half fare – from 55 cents to 60 cents
- VIAtrans service – from $1.75 to $1.95
- Monthly Big Pass – from $30.00 to $35.00
- Monthly Big Pass half fare – from $15.00 to $17.50
The VIA Board will present the proposal to the Local Governmental Approval Committee and a vote will be taken.
If the committee agrees with the board, the new fares would go into effect on Feb. 1, 2013, according to the VIA website.
Copyright 2012 by KSAT.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.