VIA Metropolitan Transit is considering raising basic and monthly fares.
VIA officials will hold a public meeting for citizens to discuss the proposed fare adjustments on Monday, Dec. 10 at 6 p.m. in the VIA Metro Center at 1021 San Pedro Avenue.
According to the VIA website, the proposed changes are:
- Regular bus service – from $1.10 to $1.20
- Regular bus half fare – from 55 cents to 60 cents
- VIAtrans service – from $1.75 to $1.95
- Monthly Big Pass – from $30.00 to $35.00
- Monthly Big Pass half fare – from $15.00 to $17.50
The VIA Board will present the proposal to the Local Governmental Approval Committee and a vote will be taken.
If the committee agrees with the board, the new fares would go into effect on Feb. 1, 2013, according to the VIA website.