The city of San Antonio's Animal Care Services Department will no longer provide animal control for unincorporated areas of Bexar County beginning in October.

All stray pick up, bite investigations, as well as pet related nuisance complaints, will be handled by the Bexar County Public Works Department.

This means 311 will no longer take calls about animal issues outside San Antonio limits.

"If you come to Animal Care Services, we will no longer directly intake pets from county residents. It's all part of the inter-local agreement," said Lisa Norwood with ACS. "Basically, if someone want to owner surrender a pet or address an issue with animal control in the county, they will need to call the Bexar County Sheriff's non-emergency line and Bexar County will handle their complaint."

All requests for service outside the city's jurisdiction will be handled by Bexar County Animal Control.

They can be reached by the Bexar County's non-emergency line at 210-335-6000 and press option 1.