Three San Antonio taco restaurants failed their recent inspection from Metro Health.
Taco Jalisco located at 8099 Culebra Road failed this month's inspection with 46 demerits.
- The inspector had some food thrown due to unsafe temperatures. Items such as raw eggs, meats and beans.
- The inspector discovered someone storing personal food items in the ice used for customer's drinks, and there was mildew or mold in the ice machine.
Metro Health says Taco Jalisco was re-inspected on April 18. Many violations had been corrected but some remained.
Lee's El Taco Garage Tex-Mex Cruisine located at 8403 Broadway failed their inspection with 41 demerits.
A year ago this month, they failed with 51 demerits. Some of things that were a problem last April were a problem again.
- A fridge at an unsafe 51 degrees and employees not washing their hands.
- New violations included blood from defrosted meat leaking into some flour and moldy cutting boards.
The manager confirms that many of the same problems exist and he's called another all-hands-on-deck meeting to get the staff on the same page. He says their re-inspection was last week and went well.
Taco de Cortez located at 9735 Interstate 35 North near Randolph Boulevard failed their inspection with 39 demerits.
- The inspector noted no employee hand washing.
- Not enough hot water for the restaurant.
- Cooks weren't wearing the required hair restraints along with numerous other violations.
Metro Health reports Taco de Cortez was re-inspected on April 23 and everything that was wrong was taken care of.
The following restaurants received perfect scores on their latest inspection from Metro Health:
- Bill Miller BBQ on DeZavala.
- Corner Bakery Cafe on East Basse.
- Shipley Donuts on East Commerce.
- Taqueria Vallarta on West Military Drive.