Two San Antonio businesses failed their latest health inspections for several violations including live and dead roaches seen inside both establishments.
Galleria Centro located at 703 S. San Jacinto, across from Lanier High School, failed their latest health inspection with 46 demerits.
- The Metro Health inspector says that for one hour, during the inspection, none of the kitchen staff washed their hands at all.
- Several dead roaches were seen inside the establishment and the inspector saw pans with a thick build-up of grease.
KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door called many times to get a comment and no one answered.
Metro Health says they did a re-inspection at Galleria Centro just four days after their first visit and all corrections had been made.
Taqueria Jalisco located at 7504 Marbach Road failed their most recent inspection with 42 demerits.
- The inspector cited instances of poor hygiene with improper hand washing and food handling.
- A live roach was spotted on a kitchen wall and dead roaches were found inside an oven.
- There were also food temperature violations.
The manager tells KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door she feels the inspector was, in her words, "harsh."
She says they have monthly pest control treatments and that the oven, which they do not use, has been cleaned.
They now store their raw eggs in a cooler and she explained that they passed their re-inspection with zero demerits.
The following eateries received a perfect score from Metro Health during their latest inspection:
- Kentucky Fried Chicken at 8270 Marbach Road.
- Nothing Bundt Cakes at 700 East Sonterra Boulevard.
- T-Good's Shaved Ice at 10718 Potranco.
- Zoe's Kitchen at 999 E. Basse Road.