Two San Antonio businesses recently failed their health inspections for a variety of violations.
The Rocky's Taco House located at 1302 Cupples Road recently failed their health inspection with 38 demerits. Their violations included:
- Large plastic tubs of cooked food in their walk-in cooler were at 110 degrees. It hadn't been properly cooled for storage and that can lead to bacterial growth.
- Some food in small reach-in cooler had to be trashed because it wasn't cold enough.
- Several sanitation issues were reported like a knife wedged between two tables and a employee's car keys laying on a cutting board.
The owner of Rocky's Taco House on Cupples Road tells KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door they passed their re-inspection within days. The owner says the reach-in cooler was replaced and an employee was putting on her apron when she set those keys down where she shouldn't have.
La Moreliana Meat Market located at 1510 Callaghan Road near Culebra failed their latest inspection with 37 demerits. Their violations included:
- The inspector found raw eggs underneath a table at 65 degrees.
- Rotten, wilted or moldy veggies were found in the produce aisle.
- Tortillas were found wrapped in towels and some food was covered with plastic grocery bags.
Metro Health tells KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door they went back four days later and all the violations mentioned had been corrected. A few others must be taken care before the meat market's next routine inspection.
The following locations received zero demerits during their latest inspection by Metro Health:
- Freddy's Frozen Custard located at 8800 Potranco Road.
- Fujiya Japanese Garden Restaurant located at 9030 Wurzbach Road.
- Long John Silver's located at 2227 SW Military Drive.
- Sukie's Taco House located at 1808 West Avenue.