Health inspectors have handed out two more failing scores to a pair of popular local restaurants.
Sichuan Chinese Cuisine at 2347 N.W. Military Highway failed their most recent health inspection with 41 demerits.
- The inspector says no one washed their hands during his visit.
- Flies were spotted in the restaurant.
- There was visible food debris on a knife hanger, on cooler shelves and the dishware storage area.
KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door left a message for the manager, and as of Thursday night, had not heard back from her yet.
Metro Health says a re-inspection was scheduled for last Friday but has not taken place yet.
The Taco Cabana at 6826 North Loop 1604 East, across Rolling Oaks Mall, failed inspection with 40 demerits.
- There were food temperature violations.
- employees not washing their hands.
- An employee accidentally mixed lime remover as a sanitizing solution. That was corrected on the spot.
The staff was also asked to create a cleaning schedule and stick to it.
Taco Cabana's chief operating officer sent Behind the Kitchen Door the following statement:
"We take our food quality and safety practices very seriously at Taco Cabana. Upon hearing of the results we promptly took corrective action and we passed the inspection that took place two days later."