Two San Antonio eateries failed their recent health inspection for a variety of violations.
Wok On Wheels located at 8809 Grissom Road failed their most recent health inspection with 32 demerits. Here are a few of the things the inspector found.
- Chicken sitting on a table at an unsafe 51 degrees.
- There were no paper towels at some of their hand washing sinks.
- The staff was told to clean the inside of all their coolers.
The owner of the Wok On Wheels franchise in San Antonio describes the inspector as "kind of difficult" but she wants to work with him. She said all violations have now been corrected.
Tacos Ricos located at 8025 Bandera Road failed their latest inspection with 31 demerits. Their violations included:
- Food temperatures were a problem here as well. Raw eggs at 62 degrees.
- Cooked sausage was not being kept hot enough. It was at 103.
- They received demerits for improper food handling.
- The staff was cleaning tables with dry towels instead of ones soaked in a sanitizing solution.
The person in charge told KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door, "We took care of everything we messed up." She also say they passed a re-inspection about ten days after the inspector's first visit.
The following restaurants received zero demerits on their latest health inspection.
- Bill Miller Bar-B-Q on Culebra Road.
- Golden Corral on Loop 1604 at Bandera Road.
- Los Mariachis Del Valle on Huebner Road.
- Wingstop on Loop 1604 near Culebra Road.