Health inspectors have handed out the first poor scores of 2014 at two San Antonio restaurants.
Tai Sun Restaurant located at 1234 S.W. Military Drive failed their latest health inspection with 35 demerits which is a slight improvement from the 41 demerits Tai Sun received in October. The restaurant's list of violations during this latest inspection included:
- Lack of proper hand washing, which was a repeat violation.
- The inspector watched an employee stir rice with their hands.
- There was evidence of rodents and roaches was found in the back kitchen area.
KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door made several calls to the restaurant and when someone answered, they said the manager was not there yet. Metro Health says all items had been corrected by the time the inspector went back just two days later.
Los Angeles Tortilleria located at 3106 Commercial Avenue failed their most recent inspection with 32 demerits. Some of their demerits included:
- Lack of consistent hand washing by the staff.
- Knives were shoved in between tables for storage.
- Dirty knives were also being stored with clean ones.
The manager tells KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door the inspector showed up two days later and only minor issues remained.
The following locations received no demerits during their latest inspection:
- Alamo Heights Health & Rehab located at 8223 Broadway Street.
- Big Apple Bagel located at 8434 Fredericksburg Road.
- El Pollo Loco located at 4645 W. Commerce Street.
- Panda Express located at 11220 Huebner Road.