Woman escapes Northeast Side house fire; cat dies

House fire reported in 5800 block of Castle Lake

By Chris Shadrock - Web - News Producer

SAN ANTONIO - An electrical problem sparked a house fire Wednesday morning in Northeast San Antonio, authorities said.

The fire began around 9:30 a.m. in a home in the 5800 block of Castle Lake.

A woman who was inside the home at the time made it out safely. However, her cat was killed in the fire.

While firefighters said the home was not a total loss, its contents were destroyed.

Damage estimates were not immediately available.

Copyright 2016 by KSAT - All rights reserved.