CIBOLO -

Residents who are opposed to the proposed building of a Walmart in their neighborhood said they are outraged that the City Council had been looking at an agreement with the developer that includes financial incentives to the company.

Council members met in closed session until late Tuesday before announcing they need more time to review the proposal. The group will reconvene in another closed session Monday, then vote at their next meeting.

Anne Hatfield, Director of Communications for Walmart, said the agreement with the city is over infrastructure improvements that would widen Borgfeld road from 2 to 4 lanes, add a median, landscaping, sidewalks and a traffic light.

She said it's part of the process in bringing the first grocery store to Cibolo.

"What we find time and time again is when the store opens, the customer voice is heard very loud and clear," said Hatfield. "And, that's when the customers shop by the thousands and shop our store."

However, Tannya Steffen, who is against the proposed Walmart, said the issue is that residents haven't seen the agreement between the city and Walmart, which would offer financial incentives to the developer and that the agreement was discussed behind closed doors Tuesday night.

"We're asking for transparency," said Steffen on Tuesday. "We want to see that agreement and we don't want anything to go forward until we can actually look at it."

For a list of recent stories Stephanie Serna has done, click here.