SAN ANTONIO -

A father and son were forced to evacuate their home Wednesday afternoon after an electrical fire.

It happened around 2:45 p.m. in the 100 block of DeFroste Avenue.

Andre Richardson and his son, Andre Jr., were in their living room when they noticed smoke in the air.

The pair ran into Andre Jr.'s bedroom and noticed the air conditioning unit in the window was on fire.

The two men immediately ran outside the home.

One of them called 911 while the other tried, unsuccessfully, to put the fire out with a water hose.

Richardson said fire crews arrived at his home more than 10 minutes after 911 was called.

Investigators said the air conditioning unit likely overloaded a circuit which sparked the fire.

No one was hurt in the fire.

The damage estimate was listed at $45,000.

For a list of recent stories Cory Smith has done, click here.