SAN ANTONIO -

The case of a fatal shooting involving an off-duty deputy this summer is now in the hands of the Bexar County District Attorney's Office.

Bexar County Sheriff Susan Pamerleau said her office turned over its findings following the incident on Aug. 31.

Given the loss of life allegedly at the hands of an off-duty deputy, she said, "We have the responsibility to assure the integrity of the investigation and make sure we do a thorough, complete and fair investigation"

However, she would not discuss any specifics about the shooting death of 29-year-old Matthew Jackson.

Early reports were that Jackson was unarmed when he allegedly had been involved in a minor traffic accident near Nacogdoches and Lookout Roads, with off-duty deputy Anthony Thomas,  a 16-year veteran, prior to the shooting.

The sheriff said Thomas will remain on administrative duty pending the outcome of the DA's investigation.

"We talked to every witness. We talked to everyone involved in this," Parmeleau said.

She also said forensic evidence also was reviewed and tested.

For a list of recent stories Jessie Degollado has done, click here.