SAN ANTONIO -

A fast-moving fire burned an eastside house Saturday afternoon, but a fast thinking neighbor rescued the elderly resident from her home.

Firefighters say the flames appeared to start in a detached garage, but quickly spread to the home in the 1300 block of Hays.

They say the elderly woman living there was asleep inside when a neighbor saw the flames and rushed to get her out of the fire.

Both escaped the fire unharmed.

The fire did heavy damage to the home.

Firefighters believe the cause of the fire to be electrical.

They also have not placed a dollar amount of the damage.