SAN ANTONIO -

Showers made their way into the San Antonio area overnight Monday and more wet weather along with cooler temperatures are expected throughout the week.   

KSAT Weather Authority Meteorologist Mike Osterhage says we have good rain chances most of the week with highs in the upper 80s. Lows are expected to stay in the mid-70s throughout the week.

The rain has prompted a flash flood watch in effect until Tuesday morning for Bexar County and South Central Texas. The counties include Bandera, Bexar, Blanco, Burnet, Caldwell, Comal, Edwards, Fayette, Gillespie, Gonzales, Guadalupe, Hays, Kendall, Kerr, Kinney, Lee, Llano, Medina, Real, Travis, Uvalde, Val Verde and Williamson.

The National Weather Service says chances for showers and thunderstorms are 60 percent throughout the day and evening Monday with a low around 72.

The chances for showers and thunderstorms remain at 60 percent throughout the day Tuesday as well. Rain chances decrease Wednesday to 40 percent and 30 percent on Thursday.

The wet weather comes after blistering heat over the weekend where highs were reported around 100 on Saturday and Sunday.