Two eateries on opposite ends of the San Antonio area failed their recent health inspection by Metro Health.
El Patio Bar & Grill at 7905 Bandera Road failed their most recent health inspection with 41 demerits. The restaurant's violations included:
- They were storing raw meat above cooked food in the fridge, which is a contamination risk.
- No dates on leftovers.
- Not all sinks had hot water.
- Gnats were spotted and the microwave was dirty.
KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door called El Patio several times and no one answered. San Antonio Metro Health said they have done two re-inspections and all violations have been officially corrected.
La Popular Bakery at 6634 Binz-Engleman Road failed their latest inspection with 37 demerits.
The report showed the inspector took time to translate all the written violations into Spanish. The bakery's violations included:
- There were food temperature violations.
- Cooks were not washing their hands properly.
- The inspector also asked the staff to clean the ice machine, utensil storage container and the dish washing machine itself.
KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door caught the manager by phone and he said he would call us back. We called back and he was suddenly "not there" anymore.
The following four restaurants all received zero demerits on their recent health inspection:
- Chili's Grill & Bar on Loop 1604 at Culebra Road
- Hacienda Real on Old Pearsall Road.
- Taco Cabana on Marbach.
- Thomas Jefferson High School on Donaldson Avenue.