Three San Antonio restaurants failed their recent inspection by San Antonio Metro Health.
Plaza Jalisco located at 310 Valley Hi Drive failed with 38 demerits. Their violations included:
- The inspector watched a cook handled different foods including shrimp without washing their hands between tasks.
- The main hand washing sink had no hot water.
- The inspector saw excessive amounts of grease and debris on food storage bins.
KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door was unable to reach anyone at Plaza Jalisco. Metro Health reported all violations were taken care by last Wednesday.
The Malt House located at 115 S. Zarzamora Street failed their latest inspection with 36 demerits.
- The health inspector shut them down due to a roach infestation. A live roach was even spotted on some guacamole.
- A cook was also seen handling tomatoes after wiping their hands on their apron.
KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door called to get an update, but the manager was not present at the time. Metro Health reported it took four separate follow-up inspections to get the restaurant back on track. The Malt House has reopened for business.
Natalie's Mexican Cafe located at 610 Cupples Road failed their most recent inspection with 34 demerits. Their violations included:
- The inspector watched a cook rinse their hands, use no soap and then make a taco.
- Rodent droppings were found in a storage room.
- Grease had built-up around the grill, oven and food prep area.
An employee tells KSAT Behind the Kitchen Door they called pest control and have cleaned the kitchen. A re-inspection is scheduled for Friday.
The following restaurants received perfect scores during their latest inspection by San Antonio Metro Health:
- Acadiana Cafe on Southwest Loop 410.
- Grandma's Kitchen on West Villaret Boulevard.
- Subway on Austin Highway at Vandiver Road.
- Wingstop on West Commerce Street.