Police make second arrest in ‘rolling gun battle' that left 2 injured

Danthony Dixon, 21, arrested

By Josh Skurnik - Reporter

SAN ANTONIO - Police now have made a second arrest in what they described as a 'rolling gun battle' on the city's Northeast Side. 

Danthony Dixon, 21, is charged after he unloaded 30 shots at a couple on their way to dinner last week at the China Sea Restaurant in the 4300 block of Thousand Oaks Drive.

The 18-year-old male victim only needed a single photograph from police to identify the suspect, having known Dixon for three years, according to an arrest affidavit.

The affidavit also stated that just days before the shooting Dixon, had tried to rob the male victim and broke into his 29-year-old girlfriend's apartment.

He is now charged with two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Police previously arrested Demetric Mackey, 19, for the same crimes just days after the Jan. 2 shooting.

Officers at the scene had said they believed everyone involved had prior history.

Around 7:30 p.m., the couple was in the parking lot of the restaurant, when police say Dixon and Mackey helped box in their car and shot their guns.

The 18-year-old man got hit across his body and in the head, while his girlfriend got hit in the neck and hand.

Both were taken to a hospital for treatment. 

Running from the gunfire to a nearby bowling alley, the male victim told police he remembered the glock semi-automatic handgun Dixon used.

Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.