The city's Pre-K 4 SA initiative is looking to hire more than 100 people for the 2014-2015 school year.
The city will be hiring for a variety of positions, including master teachers, family specialists and school nurses.
Interested applicants may access information about the Pre-K 4 SA Program at www.sanantonio.gov/prek4sa. To review and apply for current positions, click on the link Job Opportunities.
“Come August, we will have four centers providing high quality pre-K to an expected 1,500 San Antonio children,” Mayor Julián Castro said in a statement issued Friday morning. “This is a great opportunity for the best and brightest teachers and support staff to join Pre-K 4 SA.”
Beginning Jan. 23, the city will host eight Pre-K 4 SA job fairs with facility-showcase events at the Feb. 8 and Feb. 15 job fairs.
The facility showcases will be “come and go” events at the South Pre-K 4 SA Education Center for interested applicants to get a first-hand look at the environment in which they may be working.
The eight job fairs will take place at the following locations:
- January 23: 5-8 p.m. - City of San Antonio Northeast Service Center, 10303 Tool Yard
- January 28: 4:30-7:30 p.m. - Ron Darner City Facility, 5900 W. Old Highway 90
- February 1: 9 a.m.-noon - Eastside Boys & Girls Club, 3503 Martin Luther King Dr.
- February 3: 4:30-7:30 p.m. - Igo Library, 13330 Kyle Seale Pkwy.
- February 5: 4:30-7:30 p.m. - Denver Heights Community Center, 300 Porter St.
- February 12: 4:30-7:30 p.m. - Claude Black Community Center, 2805 E. Commerce St.
Job Fair & Facility Showcases
- February 8: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. - Pre-K 4 SA South Education Center, 7031 S. New Braunfels Ave.
- February 15: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. - Pre-K 4 SA South Education Center, 7031 S. New Braunfels Ave.
For additional information about Pre-K 4 SA employment, please call Human Resources Customer Service at (210) 207-8705. For questions about the Pre-K 4 SA program, please call (210) 207-PREK (207-7735).