The following roads have been reopened:
2 p.m. Friday
- Loop 1604/Highway 281
- Loop 410/Highway 281
- Interstate 37 at Interstate 410
- Wurzbach Parkway (from I-35 to Wetmore)
- Interstate 10 to Loop 410 on NW side.
Thursday night updates:
The following highways, roads and bridges are still reported closed in and around San Antonio by the Texas Department of Transportation:
- 9:10 p.m. - Interstate 10 West at Fair Oaks. Traffic is being diverted to the access road.
- 9:22 p.m. - Crews will begin closing Highway 281/Loop 1604 ramps due to ice.
- 9:50 p.m. - Crews will begin closing the Loop 410/Interstate10 interchange.
- 9:55 p.m. - Crews will be closing the direct connector of US 281 North to the San Antonio International Airport.
- 10:25 p.m. - Travel is discouraged on I-10 in both directions in Kerr County due to ice.
- 10:35 p.m. - Crews are in the process of closing the upper levels of Interstate 10.
- 10:45 p.m. - Crews will be closing the Highway 281/Loop 410 interchange due to ice
- 11:15 p.m. - SH 46 in Bandera County from SH 16 to I-10 is closed
- 12:20 a.m. - Crews will be closing the connector ramps at I-37/I-410
- 12:25 a.m. - Kerrville PD just closed SH 16 just south of Kerrville between Ranchero Road and Loop 534
- 1 a.m. - DPS has closed IH 10 EB & WB at SH 16 in Kerrville. Traffic is being detoured to SH 16
- 2 a.m. - I-10 in Kerrville is now open. Please do continue to watch for ice on the overpasses and bridges.
- 2:45 a.m. - In Kerr County, I-10 EB at mm 512 is closed due to jacknifed trucks.
- 2:50 a.m. - All mainlanes on I-35 from Loop 337 to FM 306 in Comal County are closed.
- 3:35 a.m. - In Guadalupe County, Seguin PD have shut down I-10 WB between SH 123 By-Pass and FM 725 due to crashes
The following road closures have been reported by the City of San Antonio Office of Emergency Management. All closures reported at 11:20 p.m.
- Downtown EB I-35 and east bound I-10 West
- Overpass at I-10 and Loop 410
- Overpass at I-10 and Hildebrand
- Overpass at Loop 410 and Hwy. 281
- Twin Peaks Road
- Highway 90 at I-37
- La Cantera Parkway and I-10
More winter weather safety information can be found at txdot.gov and use the keyword: winter driving.
Road conditions also will be updated frequently on TxDOT's road condition web page.
Motorists also can call TxDOT's toll-free highway condition line at 800-452-9292 for roadway information.
For non-emergency roadside assistance, motorists can call the Texas Department of Public Safety at 800-525-5555.