Johns Hopkins Hospital is the best in the country, according to U.S. News and World Report’s annual hospital ranking.
U.S. News evaluated nearly 5,000 hospitals and ranked each according to specific medical specialties. To make the “Honor Roll”, hospitals had to have top scores in at least six of 16 medical specialties.
Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore was number one on the list for 21 years, until last year when it came in second to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. This year, those rankings reversed again.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., was ranked third; Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland was ranked fourth; and UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles was fifth.
While no hospitals in San Antonio, or even Texas, made the top 18, some San Antonio hospitals were recognized for being high-performing in specific medical specialties.
· University Hospital was nationally ranked in two specialties and high-performing in six specialties.
· Methodist Hospital was high-performing in five specialties.
· Baptist Medical center was high-performing in three specialties.
· Santa Rosa Hospital was high-performing in two specialties.
· South Texas Spine and Surgical Hospital was high-performing in one specialty.