The San Antonio Police Department announced via an emailed statement Tuesday that officers ticketed 1,345 motorists for not wearing seat belts and issued 179 child restraint citations during the May 20-June 2 "Click It or Ticket" seatbelt campaign.
Law enforcement agencies throughout the state of Texas participated in this nationwide annual effort to get more motorists to buckle up and save more lives.
During the mobilization, San Antonio Police Officers also issued the following citations and made the listed arrests:
- 1 DWI arrest
- 1 Misdemeanor Narcotics arrest
- 2 Class A/B warrants cleared
- 8 Speeding and intersection violation citations
- 7 Other hazardous violations
- 168 Non-hazard violation tickets