SAN ANTONIO -

A teenager, one of three suspects arrested following a convenience store robbery early Thursday morning, has been ordered to remain in juvenile detention.

John Anthony Rubio, 16, was arrested and charged with capital murder Thursday after a Valero Corner Store in the 10400 block of Huebner Road was robbed earlier that day.

During a detention hearing on Friday, 436th District Court Judge Lisa Jarrett ordered that Rubio remain in juvenile custody.

“I am going to order you detained because of the seriousness of the offense and in the likelihood that you might re-offend,” Jarrett said as she made her ruling.

Two adults have also been arrested and charged with capital murder in the case.

Nicholas Pacheco and Mishael Lozano, both 23, are jailed in lieu of $1 million bond each.

All three are suspect in the robbery and the murder of John Bermea.

Bermea was shot to death as the suspects fled from the robbery into a nearby apartment complex.

Witnesses told police that Bermea may have been shot to death while trying to stop the fleeing suspects.

Rubio is scheduled to be back before Jarrett on Spet. 27 for another detention hearing.

For a list of recent stories Paul Venema has done, click here.