SAN ANTONIO -

A teenager helped two women to safety late Wednesday night after their South Side home caught fire.

San Antonio fire officials said an electric problem sparked flames inside a home in the 9500 block of Wikieup, however, both women inside were unaware of the fire.

A teenager driving by saw flames coming out of a window and stopped. Fire officials said everyone made it out safely.

"I got out of the car, and I started banging on the door, and I didn't think nobody was coming," said Jesse Martinez. "When I was banging on the door, that's when the lady came out. She didn't even know there was a fire. By then the smoke was getting bigger and bigger."

Martinez followed the woman into the bathroom, where the fire had started in an outlet.

By that time, it had spread up the wall and into the attic.

"I went back to get the lady and the mom, and by the time I was coming back, the cop came in. By then, you couldn't see nothing. It was full of smoke," Martinez said.

A police officer helped Martinez get the women out of the smoke-filled house.

Firefighters arrived on scene and extinguished the flames in minutes. Damages were estimated at $20,000.

For a list of recent stories Jenna Hiller has done, click here.