Heavy fog Thursday morning shrouded San Antonians in problems from the roads to the skies.

The trouble at San Antonio International Airport began with the first flights of the morning.

"It was supposed to be (leaving at) 6:30 this morning, but it’s cancelled,” said Jason Peters as he checked a flight board in Terminal A. "They just said it was because of weather."

Peters said he has been trying to fly home to Winnipeg, Canada, since Sunday.

However, a snowstorm that hit other cities has led to daily cancellations of his flight.

Thursday, though, Peters had company as he waited around in San Antonio’s airport, thanks to fog that caused delays.

At around 5:30 a.m., a flight status website showed the first four flights scheduled for departure and the first four scheduled for arrival were delayed.

Nora Castro, senior public information officer for the airport, confirmed that the problems were due to the foggy weather.

Traveling by road wasn’t exactly trouble-free either.

One driver told San Antonio police the fog and darkness before 5 a.m. sent him driving down a dead end on Bret Springs Street near Fort Maddin Street.

When he tried to back out of the area, he said he accidentally ran over a utility box which contained about 19,000 volts of electricity, according to a worker with CPS energy.

Due to the potential danger, San Antonio police officers and firefighters arrived to block off the street while the repairs were made.

The crash also knocked out electricity to at least 40-50 homes, a CPS worker said.

A few hours later, the driver of an 18-wheeler lost his load of gravel on Bulverde Road near Willis Ranch.

A Bexar County sheriff’s deputy at the scene said the driver reported that he lost control of the big rig on a patch of the road that was moistened by fog.

The truck jackknifed around 7 a.m., blocking Bulverde Road and dumping most of its load.

“People in San Antonio aren't used to when it's raining and foggy,” said Teresa Ruiz, who heard the commotion. “They're not used to slowing down when the road conditions are like this."

The accident shut down a stretch of Bulverde Road in both directions for several hours.

Deputies said the remaining gravel would have to be unloaded before the jackknifed semi could be removed from the road.

Fog was also blamed for several accidents involving 30 vehicles in southeast Bexar County on Thursday morning.

According to the Bexar County Sheriff's Office, the accidents happened on the northbound and southbound lanes of Interstate 37 between Hardy Road and Loop 410.

Injuries were reported, but none of them were life-threatening, sheriff's officials said.

For a list of recent stories Katrina Webber has done, click here.