Around 11:45 a.m. on Wednesday, a call came in for a house fire in the 100 block of Heather Avenue. It was the third house fire on that street in the past 30 days.
According to the homeowner, Diana Baigas, she had lit a scented candle in the living room in the front side of the home, and then retreated to the back of the house to do laundry.
A few minutes later she began to smell smoke.
"I came into the living room and I see all of the fire -- window and everything -- and I get out of the back in to the yard," said Baigas.
A neighbor then called 911.
When firefighters arrived, they found virtually the entire front of the home on fire, including a car port, and a Dodge Neon located underneath the car port that was also completely on fire.
Given the recent rash of fires on the street, this might normally draw the suspicion of the Fire Marshal, but firefighters on scene say that Baigas' story appears to check out.
"That's what we're going to go with and then the neighbor backed that story up as far as the candle started the house fire," said San Antonio fire Capt. Brian Stanush.
Initial estimates from SAFD of the damage to the property stands at approximately $35,000.