SAN ANTONIO -

A woman believed to be 70 years old escaped her home shortly after it caught fire Friday morning in north Bexar County.

The woman was taken to a hospital for observation. Her neighbors told KSAT 12 News that the woman appeared uninjured but very upset.

Fire officials said a heater fell over and caught some carpet on fire at a home in the 1800 block of Poppy Mallow in the Lookout Canyon subdivision in north Bexar County.

Tom White of the Bexar-Bulverde Volunteer Fire Department said the woman had four space heaters plugged into one electrical power strip, which caused the strip to overheat.

The fire was confined to the rear of the home and caused $200,000 in damage.

The Bexar-Bulverde Fire Department along with Shavano Park and Spring Branch volunteer fire departments responded to the fire.