- 3-4 lbs untrimmed Brisket
- 1 cup of bull binder
- Davila's BBQ Rub
- Davila's BBQ sauce original/spicy
- Bull binder
- Mild grated cheddar cheese
- Lettuce pickles
- Hamburger buns
1. Take a fresh untrimmed 3 to 4 pound brisket, and cut into 2 inch cube sizes and put in freezer for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from the freezer and grind into ground beef. Or at your local meat market I have your butcher take a brisket and grind it for you.
2. Mix the ground Brisket with bull binder to form half pound patties. Season thoroughly with Davila's BBQ rub or rub of your choice.
3. Place the patties in a smoker preferably mesquite wood and cook for approximately 30 minutes at 250f to 275f.
4. Remove the patties from smoker and place on a flat griddle to finish.
5. Flip the burger and then lather the patty with BBQ and top with mild cheddar cheese until oozing melted.
6. Serve on fresh hot hamburger buns of choice along with pickles onions lettuce tomatoes and mustard.
- Meat grinder
- BBQ pit
- Mesquite wood
Yields 6-8 1/2lb patties
Copyright 2015 by KSAT - All rights reserved.