Taking a good picture of your child is just one thing that could keep your little one safe.
KSAT-12 Crime Analyst Eddie Gonzalez shares tip that parents should know to keep their children safe:
- Make sure your children are well-versed of the basic rules, like do not talk to strangers. Do not get into vehicles with people they do not know.
- If they know certain people, but do not feel comfortable with them, they should know it is OK to stay away from them.
- They should know it is OK to scream or yell if they feel like they are in danger.
- Have current photos of your children to keep so they can be easily recognized.
- Have all their information available so you can give it to police if something should happen.