Restaurant scores for week of Oct. 23, 2017
Watch 'Behind The Kitchen Door' on KSAT 12 News
SAN ANTONIO – The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District's scoring of food establishments is based on a 100-point demerit system.
The inspection reports, which establishments are required to post in public view, feature a number score at the top and bottom of the front page. A separate placard with the number score and a letter grade (example: 100/A) is also available upon request from the food establishment. Posting the placard is voluntary.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
- Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Here are the latest scores:
- Chipotle Mexican Grill, 11745 IH 10 West, 100
- Choke Canyon BBQ, 21510 Blanco Rd., 100
- El Mirasol, 10003 NW Military Hwy., 100
- Plaza Mexican Restaurant, 2898 Blanco Rd., 100
- Papa Zipps, 2101 S. Hackberry St., 97
- Tenko Ramen, 312 Pearl Pkwy., 97
- Hard Rock Café, 111 W. Crockett St., 96
- Cerroni’s Purple Garlic, 1017 Austin Hwy., 95
- Potranco Café, 2216 S. Flores St., 94
- Vanessa’s Mexican Food, 1621 N. Main Ave., 94
- Taco Palenque, 1002 NE Loop 410, 93
- Cap’n Jim’s, 2026 Pleasanton Rd., 92
- Teka Molino, 1007 Rittiman Rd., 92
- Hometown Burger, 3436 Roosevelt Ave., 89
- Los Generales, 16216 Nacogdoches Rd., 88
- Mustang Sally’s, 3428 Roosevelt Ave., 86
- Dos Julios Mexican Restaurant, 2031 McCauley Dr., 80
- Denny’s, 2210 SE Loop 410, 79
- Taqueria Nuevo Vallarta, 3451 Roosevelt Ave., 77
- El Milagrito Mexican Restaurant, 521 E. Woodlawn Ave., 74
- La Michoacana Meat Market, 2323 SW Military Dr., 74
- Barwarchi, 5152 Fredericksburg Rd., 73
- Chris and Kids, 650 Porter St., 68
Didn't find the score you're looking for? Check out more restaurant scores by clicking here.
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.
Copyright 2017 by KSAT - All rights reserved.