Restaurant near downtown cited for dusty walls, using kitchen pans as leak buckets
Restaurant scores for the week of October 1, 2018
SAN ANTONIO – A Mexican Restaurant near downtown received a health score of 78 last month after a city inspector found accumulated dust on its walls and kitchen pans being used as catch buckets for leaks.
La Cocina, located in the 800 block of North Zarzamora Street, was also cited for storing food items including raw beef at temperatures warmer than allowed.
You can read the full report by searching the Metro Health website.
The San Antonio Metropolitan Health District's scoring of food establishments is based on a 100-point demerit system.
The inspection reports, which establishments are required to post in public view, feature a number score at the top and bottom of the front page. A separate placard with the number score and a letter grade (example: 100/A) is also available upon request from the food establishment. Posting the placard is voluntary.
- 100-90 = A (Very Good to Acceptable)
- 89-80 = B (Acceptable to Marginal)
- 79 or lower = C (Marginal to Poor)
- Metro Health indicates that scores of 69 or lower are failing scores.
Here are the latest scores:
- Jason’s Deli, 1141 N. FM 1604 East, 100
- Salata, 700 East Sonterra, 100
- Tip Top Café, 2814 Fredericksburg Rd., 98
- Mama’s Kitchen, 504 W. Hildebrand, 96
- Wrigleyville Grill, 602 NW Loop 410, 95
- The Lost Cajun, 5602 W. Hausman Rd., 94
- Delicious Tamales, 3003 Pleasanton Rd., 91
- Hula Poke, 7315 San Pedro Ave., 91
- Pho Thein An, 126 W. Rector Dr., 90
- Yatzil Mexican Restaurant, 502 S. Zarzamora St., 89
- Jesmas Mexican Restaurant, 1722 Rigsby Ave., 88
- Hong Kong Harbor, 8230 Marbach Rd., 87
- El Manantial Mexican Restaurant, 1136 W. Hildebrand, 86
- Club Giraud, 707 N. St. Mary’s, 84
- Little Orient Express, 3403 Roland Ave., 83
- Taqueria Aguas Calientes, 15409 White Fawn Dr., 81
- Thai Lucky Restaurant, 711 S. Pine St., 79
- La Cocina, 802 N. Zarzamora St., 78
- Tapatio Jalisco, 5527 Babcock Rd., 65
- Spice Fine Indian Cuisine, 4987 NW Loop 410, 59
Didn't find the score you're looking for? Check out more restaurant scores by clicking here.
For food establishment complaints in the city of San Antonio, send an email to Metro Health or call 210-207-8853.
Copyright 2018 by KSAT - All rights reserved.